For all the mother’s out there reading this; firstly congratulations on the new addition to your family. The Bible says that children are gifts from God. Truly, they are a treasure that we cherish. As much as a child’s birth brings joy to the parents, it also increases their responsibility to raise them up to be good human beings.
We know that new mothers always face a time crunch as there is so much on their plates all the time. An infant, as little as they can be; can easily drive you up the wall. There is no time for oneself. The main problem that new mothers face is the desire that they battle each day to get back to shape. For some, their thin ‘genes’ work like a charm but for others it is a tough battle. Here are some tips that will help you to win the post pregnancy weight loss battle:
- Accept yourself – you must realize that you gave birth to a baby; your body worked a miracle. Accept yourself and know that you can do it.
- Changes in lifestyle- realize that being healthy is not just a goal to come to back to your pre-pregnancy weight but a lifestyle change. It involves a shift in the way you think about food, exercise and overall well-being.
- Little things matter – it is not easy to remove dedicated time for workouts; so fit in a little here and there whenever you can. Walk up and down the stairs whenever you can, dance for your baby, run around after your toddler. Little things count.
- Stop procrastinating – don’t wait for your little one to turn older. Don’t be deceived in thinking that it is going to get better; because it is not. Start today; rather now.
- Get a Mommy-Buddy – get a friend to be your buddy in this journey. Challenge and encourage each other. Being accountable to a buddy gives promising returns.